Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Restaurant Review: Au Temps Jadis


My favorite creperie in the entire world. A great little joint in between Harajuku and Shibuya. A very close walk from Shibuya kuyakusho (city hall).

I was first introduced to this little place by my friend Bin and Suj, in one of our autumn walks. That was 5 years ago. Since then, I go there nearly every weekend. The beauty of this place is, you have so many selection to choose from, and Taku-san (the chef. He looks like Where is Waldo's Waldo, even his shirt looks alike!) is always very accomodating with whatever dietary restrictions that you may have.
I've gone through the menu from top to bottom and back. Everything is good. Every single one of them.
The creperie always closes for a week in Summer when the entire team will all go to France to study crepes. Speaking about passion, hey?
Go there, you will have the time of your life.
Just one request, please don't tell too many people about this place. You'll be sad if you can't get in.

My favorite menu, one of my usual orders in one visit:
Popeye Galette JPY 1,000
Noix aux caramel JPY 1,200
Warm spiced wine JPY 800

Au Temps Jadis
1-5-4 Jinnan
Shibuya-ku
Tokyo 150-0041

Tel: 03-3770-2457
Open 11 AM - 8 PM
Closed Wednesdays
Smoking unrestricted
No reservations available, just show up

A la carte foods start from JPY 700
Course menu JPY 2,300

Rating
food quality *****
food taste *****
service *****
value to money *****


Happy customers: Montchan, me and Deenster

No comments: